The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A comprehensive knowledge of needs-based selling, and a track record of success in consultative, solutions-oriented sales, with a strong preference given to media (print and digital) sales experience
- Proven success increasing sales in a competitive marketplace
- Experience with digital media sales is strongly preferred, but at a minimum you will need a passion for all things digital including strong computer skills, internet savvy, and enthusiasm for learning new systems
- The ability to prospect, propose, and close new digital campaigns while expanding existing client programs through a team-selling approach
- The ability to coach Account Executives to grow business by representing our most advanced digital products and to ensure campaigns are properly implemented, monitored and optimized
- The ability to meet with clients along with Account Executives, providing expertise in digital advertising solutions as well as guidance on needs-based selling to include pre-call planning, need assessments, proposals, and closing techniques
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with a leading CRM/sales management application, ideally salesforce.com
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and verifiable automobile insurance
- Strong self-motivation and a high-energy, positive approach
- An outgoing personality with expertise in developing relationships
- Openness to change, flexibility, and the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines in a goal-oriented sales environment
- Strong organizational skills
- The desire to be a team player, and a can-do attitude
The RoleYou will be responsible for selling advertising both in print and online for the Northeast Ohio Media Group. Your overall mission will be to generate digital revenue primarily through coordinated sales calls with Account Executives across the local offices. You will use your digital advertising expertise to help existing and prospective clients and to generate revenue across all platforms according the client’s needs.
You'll take a consultative approach to your activities, offering your clients a variety of targeted products and solutions—from digital campaigns and SEO/SEM solutions to special print ad inserts for a holiday promotion. You will also work with the sales team to prepare for client presentations and to assist in the individual assessment for each client, working together to come up with individual proposals tailored to each client's need.
Some of your specific activities will be to:
- Coach small teams of Account Executives in value-based selling, and develop their knowledge of digital media.
- Exceed established revenue goals.
- Proactively identify opportunities not uncovered by the sales team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with marketing executives and advertising agencies.
- Maintain and optimize campaigns and renew or up-sell.
- Serve as a marketing consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
- Build relationships and partnerships through networking.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will need to be flexible and outgoing, and have outstanding multi-tasking abilities. The most successful people in this role will be dialed into digital media—avid users of social networking who can't imagine living without the Internet. In addition, you'll need a strong sense of ownership, a competitive nature and a drive for results.
This is a fast-paced environment and we have a very comprehensive and extensive portfolio of products. This means you will need to have the ability to not only gain an in-depth understanding of the products, but to also serve as an expert on the offerings, making recommendations on which product is appropriate for each client's specific needs. We're looking for someone who has the verbal and written communication skills that underscore an ability to explain a vast array of products and services in a simple and concise manner.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and you're eager to grow your career in a collaborative team environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.