The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of needs-based selling.
- Proven success increasing sales in a competitive marketplace.
- Experience with a leading CRM sales management platform; salesforce.com is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- The desire to be a strong team player.
- An assertive demeanor, with a strong goal-orientation and self-motivation.
- The ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- A passion for digital advertising.
- The ability to prospect, propose and close new digital campaigns while expanding existing client programs through a team-based selling approach.
- The ability to coach Account Executives to grow business by representing our most advanced digital products and ensuring campaigns are properly implemented, monitored and optimized.
- The willingness to meet with clients along with Account Executives, providing expertise in digital advertising solutions as well as guidance on needs-based selling, including pre-call planning, needs assessments, proposals, and closing techniques.
The RoleYou'll be the senior sales leader, working with the print sales team and their current list of customers in the digital space. You'll provide coaching to prepare for client presentations and assisting in the individual assessment for each client. This will require a strong grasp of digital technology and our available products so you can work together to come up with individual proposals tailored to each client need. You will go on calls with team members to help close clients, bring clients who aren’t using digital on board, and help bring the sales team to a higher level of comfort and aptitude with our products.
Most of your time will be spent prospecting and attending sales calls to expand the products, so you'll be working with customers for a good part of each day, acting as another set of eyes with managerial experience and being very hands-on with the sales team.
Some of your specific responsibilities will be to:
- Coach small teams of Account Executives in value-based selling, and develop their knowledge of digital media.
- Exceed established revenue goals.
- Proactively identify opportunities not uncovered by the sales team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with marketing executives and advertising agencies.
- Maintain and optimize campaigns and renew or up-sell.
- Serve as a marketing consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
- Build relationships/partnerships through networking.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you'll need to have strong experience in advertising sales, with a great understanding of prospecting and the consultative environment. It would also be helpful if you have a good deal of experience in the digital space with knowledge of impressions, reach extension, behavioral targeting, etc.
We need someone who can push the envelope to get in the door with new customers, and to build existing customers’ digital campaigns. You will often work with higher-level customers, so you will need to consistently display a professional demeanor and be great at customer service.
Though you’ll spend a lot of time as one of our top salespeople, we’re looking for someone who has sales skill combined with the ability to guide others. You’ll need to be a strong leader and coach to show other Account Executives how to do what you do, combined with a personable nature that will help them to be comfortable with your guidance.
We have great resources for training, so if you have strong skills and a good work ethic, and you want to succeed in the digital space, then we want to hear from you.