The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent experience.
- A track record of success in consultative, solutions-oriented sales, with a strong preference given to media (print and digital) sales experience. We will also consider recent graduates with internship experience in a Marketing or Sales capacity.
- Proven success in increasing sales in a competitive marketplace.
- Experience with digital media sales is strongly preferred, but at a minimum you will need a passion for all things digital; including strong computer skills, Internet savvy, and enthusiasm for learning new systems.
- Familiarity with social media and SEO/SEM.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Experience with a leading CRM/sales management application, ideally Salesforce.com.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and verifiable automobile insurance.
- The ability to attend after hours or weekend customer entertainment and networking events, usually at local concerts and sporting events.
- Strong self-motivation, goal orientation and a high-energy, positive approach.
- An outgoing personality with expertise in developing relationships.
- Openness to change, flexibility and the ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work under deadlines in a goal-oriented sales environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- The desire to be a team player and a can-do attitude.
The Role?As Multi-Media Sales Representative, Real Estate, you will be responsible for selling a variety of print and online products to local advertisers in the real estate arena for The Plain Dealer, cleveland.com and the Sun News. Focusing on clients in the real estate space, your goal will be to grow new and existing business through a consultative, needs-based selling approach where you’ll recommend the best strategies and create custom multi-platform advertising campaigns that exceed customer expectations. This is primarily an outside sales position with some inside sales calls. You can expect to spend the majority of your time calling on and building relationships with decision makers in the real estate industry -- primarily apartment complexes and property management companies -- throughout Northeast Ohio.
Our product suite is extensive and will allow you to offer your clients a variety of targeted products and solutions -- from digital campaigns and SEO/SEM solutions to Real Estate focused print publications. You will divide your time between servicing the existing customer base and targeting new real estate businesses within your assigned communities.
Although you'll work independently to manage your accounts and meet your established goals, it's also important to note that this is a team-oriented environment. You'll join a group that includes four other Sales Reps, and you'll collaborate with these professionals to attend sales meetings, share ideas and challenges and provide vacation and sick coverage for one another. You will also be involved in ad processing, budgeting and offering creative input to maximize our real estate advertising market share.
Your specific activities will include:
- Building relationships with existing real estate accounts by maintaining and optimizing campaigns and renewing or up-selling.
- Proactively identifying new business opportunities through cold calling, networking, marketing, referrals and lead databases.
- Building and managing a pipeline of active accounts.
- Exceeding established revenue goals.
- Serving as a marketing consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
- Presenting proposals, conducting needs analysis and developing ad campaign solutions.
- Creating and maintaining relationships/partnerships through networking.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will need to be flexible, outgoing and possess outstanding multi-tasking abilities. The most successful people in this role will be dialed into digital media -- avid users of social networking who can't imagine living without the Internet. In addition, you'll need a strong sense of ownership, a competitive nature and a drive for results.
This is a fast-paced environment and we have a very comprehensive and extensive portfolio of products. This means you will need to have the ability to not only gain an in-depth understanding of the products, but to also serve as an expert on the offerings, making recommendations on which product is appropriate for each client's specific needs. We're looking for someone who has the verbal and written communication skills that underscore an ability to explain a vast array of products and services in a simple and concise manner.
If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and you're also eager to grow your career in a collaborative, team environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.