The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you should have:
- 3 to 5 years of strategic, hands-on marketing experience, including experience supporting Sales and promoting B2C marketing strategies.
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and summarize research data from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of audience identification and engagement practices; can identify meaningful customer segments and evaluate the feasibility of marketing efforts to the segments.
- The ability to utilize various media to effectively reach audiences (e.g. digital, social media, mobile, print); the ability to determine appropriate channels for the distribution of various products and services.
- Understanding of competitors' strategies, products / services, product positioning and strengths and weaknesses.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Awareness of NATCHA rules with marketing payment terms.
- Knowledge of proper registration and compliance for the National Do-Not-Call Registry, and an understanding of PCI, EBR, and DNC safe harbors.
- Strict adherence to ethical standards (as set by the Council of American Research Organizations, FCC, FTC, and ABC), creating marketing messages that are informative, accurate, non-deceptive, socially responsible, and useful.
- Deep knowledge in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and/or SEM (Search Engine Marketing) is highly preferred.
- Email marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience and skill using CMS software, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or basic HTML skills, and basic web design principals will be an advantage.
- A sales and/or print background would be helpful.
The RoleAs the Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketing Coordinator, you will develop revenue-generating, multi-platform marketing and circulation campaigns that are targeted towards consumers. Your mission is to drive new business and increase sales across our product line via lead generation methods including direct marketing, social marketing, kiosk sales, telemarketing, in-paper offers, and more.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Helping to lead and develop a dynamic team of direct reports and contractors.
- Creating and executing print and digital marketing strategies for consumers.
- Coordinating all acquisition sales channels (employees and contractors) including social marketing, direct mail, kiosk sales, door-to-door, telemarketing, on-line, District Sales Managers, carriers, and in-paper offers.
- Establishing and achieving sales goals.
- Preparing and managing departmental budgets.
- Cultivating partnerships within the community.
- Maintaining brand continuity.
- Coordinating campaigns, media buys, product launches, and more across platforms and sales channels.
- Advocating with governmental agencies for telesales.
- Acting as PCI compliance officer/legal liaison.
- Negotiating and managing vendor contracts.
Keys to SuccessWe’re creating best-in-class campaigns and are keen on accountability. Expectations and goals will be clear, and as an experienced professional we know you don’t need someone peering over your shoulder. You'll have the elbow room to work, but we’re highly deadline driven and your best work will need to be on time and on target. Additionally, to be successful in the position and the department, you should be:
- Highly strategic -- with the ability to see the big picture and the fine details and plan campaigns from both views.
- A jack of all trades – having the bandwidth to tackle both those tasks with which you're familiar and confident as well as those that require a bit of risk taking and/or push your comfort level.
- Reflective – able to leverage past experiences, successes and failures, to inform your decision-making process.
- Entrepreneurial – we’re building a brand and it’s important that every member of the department takes ownership of their role, approaching tasks as they would if they were running their own company. You should envision yourself reaching out to emerging markets and execute on your vision.
- Flexible – our culture is dynamic and days do not always proceed as planned. You should be able to multitask and flow easily with the changes.
- A dedicated learner – strong collaboration often translates to unique learning opportunities. You should be a sponge, learning whenever those opportunities arise whether they come from a supervisor, co-worker or cross-functional team member.